Healthy Shasta is a local partnership to promote healthy and active living among north state residents. We joined forces out of concern over increasing rates of childhood obesity and chronic diseases such as type II diabetes.
Vision: A community where the healthy choice is the easy choice.
Our goals include:
- Increase fruit and vegetable consumption in children and adults
- Decrease consumption of sugary beverages by children and adults
- Increase walking and bicycling by children and adults
- Increase fitness and play in children and adults
- Walk the Talk - encouraging environmental, policy, and organizational changes that support healthy, active lifestyles
Friends of Healthy Shasta
Strategic Plan & Annual Reports
Check out Healthy Shasta's Strategic Plan and Annual Reports to learn about the great things going on, what the Healthy Shasta partners have accomplished, and ways you can help make the healthy choice an easy choice.
- Healthy Shasta Strategic Plan
- Healthy Shasta 2009 Annual Report (January 2009 - December 2009)
- Healthy Shasta 2011 Annual Report (January 2010 - June 2011)
- Healthy Shasta 2012 Annual Report (July 2011 - June 2012)
- Healthy Shasta 2013 Annual Report (July 2012 - June 2013)
- Healthy Shasta 2014 Annual Report (July 2013 - June 2014)