You can make the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice!
There are many ways you or your organization can make healthy living easier for the people you have contact with. A simple change would be offering fresh fruit as an alternative to doughnuts at staff meetings. More permanent changes might include installing bicycle racks, promoting the use of stairwells, or setting nutrition guidelines for foods purchased with your organization's money. For more ideas:
- See Healthy Shasta's Make the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice handout
- Use the ENACT Tool for checklists and models specific to schools, work sites, government, communities, childcare and more
- Improve your employee's health with the Fit Business Kit or offer Take Action
- Visit the Active Living by Design website
- Review Promising Strategies for Creating Healthy Eating and Active Living Environments, which outlines research proven strategies