Mission: Partnering with the community to promote healthy eating and physically active lifestyles through environmental, policy, and organizational changes.
Vision: A community where the healthy choice is the easy choice.
We joined forces out of concern over increasing rates of childhood obesity and chronic diseases such as type II diabetes.
Our goals include:
- Increase fruit and vegetable consumption in children and adults
- Decrease consumption of sugary beverages by children and adults
- Increase walking and bicycling by children and adults
- Increase fitness and play in children and adults
- Walk the Talk – encouraging environmental, policy, and organizational changes that support healthy, active lifestyles
Healthy Shasta Steering Committee
Friends of Healthy Shasta
Strategic Plan & Annual Reports
- Healthy Shasta Strategic Plan
- Healthy Shasta 2017 Annual Report(July 2016 – June 2017)
- Healthy Shasta 2016 Annual Report (July 2015 – June 2016)
- Healthy Shasta 2014 Annual Report (July 2013 – June 2014)
- Healthy Shasta 2013 Annual Report (July 2012 – June 2013)
- Healthy Shasta 2012 Annual Report (July 2011 – June 2012)
- Healthy Shasta 2011 Annual Report (January 2010 – June 2011)