Get ready to experience Shasta County’s best playgrounds and pocket parks!
Healthy Shasta is launching its latest walking challenge and this time it is based (virtually) right in our back yard. Starting March 1st you will be able to monitor your progress on a specially designed trek all around Shasta County’s playgrounds. From Fall River to Cottonwood and everywhere in between you will discover many playgrounds and parks that you never knew existed, true local gems hidden in plain sight.
This month-long challenge is a great way to do something good for yourself and something healthy with your family. In order to complete the park routes, participants need to walk 7,000 steps every day in March. Everyone in Shasta County is invited to join.
You have until March 10th To sign up for this challenge! Visit https://healthyshasta.walkertracker.com. You will be directed to the Walker Tracker page where you can start a free account. Once you have an account, download the app and “join” the Shasta Parks and Playgrounds Walking Challenge under the ‘Challenges’ tab. Make sure your pedometer is synced to Walker Tracker by March 1 and get moving. If you already have the Walker Tracker app, join the challenge through your app under the ‘Challenges’ tab. Step-by-step instructions with visuals can be found on our Facebook and Instagram page.
Along the way Healthy Shasta will be throwing out some gift cards and prizes such as passes to Turtle Bay, Shasta Caverns, the Redding Aquatic Center, and an annual Whiskeytown Pass. All walkers that finish the course will be awarded a great Sip/Snack Cup to enjoy at the playgrounds!
Who: This is an individual challenge, but parents, families, and anyone in Shasta County is encouraged to participate and stay active. (Must be 18 or older to sign up for the challenge on the Walker Tracker platform)
What: A walking challenge that takes you virtually through the parks and playgrounds of Shasta County. The challenge can be completed by walking 7,000 steps a day using your pedometer and linking it to the Walker Tracker App. First, sign up for free on the Walker Tracker page (https://healthyshasta.walkertracker.com), then download the Walker Tracker App on your smartphone, “join” the Shasta Playgrounds Walking Challenge, and link your personal pedometer (i.e. Fitbit or smartphone).
When: A month-long challenge starting March 1 and ending March 31, 2021.
Where: Walk anywhere you would like, but aim for 7,000 steps everyday to complete the challenge on time and receive a prize! Be sure to use your pedometer and link it to the Walker Tracker App to track your steps. You will virtually be able to see where you are along the Parks and Playgrounds path that spans from Fall River to Cottonwood!
Start the New Year off on the right foot! Make the Healthy Shasta Walks Passport one of your new year’s resolutions starting January 1, 2021. Stay tuned to our social media announcing the launch.
- Download and print your Walks Passport
- Complete 10 or more walks for prizes and a pair of athletic socks! (black it out and qualify for the grand prize!)
- Email to: email@example.com by midnight on March 1, 2021
- Or mail to: Healthy Shasta, 2660 Breslauer Way, Redding 96001, post marked by March 1, 2021
- Prizes announced by March 15, 2021
- Everyone who completes a passport will get a pair of athletic socks (while supplies last)
- 10 – $125 gift cards to Fleet Feet Redding for new sneakers
- 2 – $25 gift cards to Fleet Feet Redding
- Stand Up Paddle Board lesson
- 5 – $50 local restaurant gift cards
- 1 night stay at Win River Resort and Casino, plus $20 in dining
- Grand Prize: 1 night stay in a caboose at the Dunsmuir Railroad Park Resort